The TechAnkara Project Bazaar, which has been organized since 2011 under the coordination of Ankara Development Agency in cooperation with technology development zones, organized industrial zones, universities, R&D institutions, incubation centers and entrepreneurship ecosystem stakeholders, will be held on 12 November 2018 Monday at Congresium International Convention & Exhibition Centre in Ankara, Turkey.
The event will be organized for the eighth time to strengthen the high technology and high value-added entrepreneurship ecosystem, to implement innovative ideas and to ensure the commercialization of innovative products and to ensure that the projects enjoy visibility in the regional, national and international arena.
3 October 2018 is the Deadline for applications
Entrepreneurs who want to showcase their projects or visitors who want to examine the projects should fill an online form via www.ankaraprojepazari.com. The deadline for the entrepreneurs who would like to have a free desk in the TechAnkara Project Bazaar 2018 is 23:59 on 3 October 2018, Wednesday.
The best 100 projects, which will be determined by the expert evaluators with criteria in innovation, commercialization potential, market potential, social and/or environmental impact and project team, will be exhibited on 12 November 2018, Monday. The project owners will be brought together with national and international investors and business circles.
Special awards for entrepreneurs
Through the event, there will be opportunities of finding investors and buyers for domestic projects in various fields ranging from health technologies and wearable technologies to defense industry and industry 4.0 applications. In addition, successful projects will be awarded with prizes focusing on commercialization of technology, and entry into overseas markets:
- Cash award of 40.000 TL to the 1st, 25.000 TL to the 2nd and 15.000 TL to the 3rd project.
- Social Entrepreneurship and Smart Cities Special Awards.
- 1 year free office for an entrepreneur at Ankara University Technopolis.
- 1 year free office for an entrepreneur at Bilkent Cyberpark.
- 1 year free office for an entrepreneur at Gazi Technopark.
- 1 year free office for one entrepreneur at METU Technopolis.
- 1 year free office for an entrepreneur at Hacettepe Technopolis.
- 1 year free office for two entrepreneurs at Technopark Ankara.
- 1 year free shared office for an entrepreneur at Çankaya University Incubation Center.
- Turkcell Arıkovanı Special Award to three entrepreneurs.
- Opportunity to participate in Bilkent Cyberpark Doping XL Program for an entrepreneur.
- Opportunity to participate in Teknopark Ankara’s Vertical Accelerator Program for an entrepreneur.
- TechAnkara Accelerator Program for Top 10 Entrepreneurs.
Throughout the day, angel investors will have B2B meetings with entrepreneurs.
The TechAnkara Project Bazaar event, which will be held for the eighth time this year, has gone beyond being a one-day organization and has been positioned as a sustainable effort covering many years. As a result, by mobilizing local resources, the potential of the entrepreneurial ecosystem has been transformed into added value in the last few years.
Here are a few examples of previous gains:
- A total of 13 entrepreneurs have been awarded free office space in technology development zones and incubators in Ankara.
- A total of 30 entrepreneurs have been included in the TechAnkara Accelerator Program.
- A team of entrepreneurs carrying out their activities in the defense industry saw new business areas and established a new company consisting of qualified engineers, and added headcount to their existing company.
- An entrepreneur in the cyber security field received an investment from the DCP investment fund following the meet-up at the event.
- An entrepreneur who is carrying out activities in the field of biotechnology received investment from StartersHub after its participation in the event and the subsequent technology commercialization program.
- An entrepreneur who had previously attracted investment from Vestel Ventures in the field of health technologies, had a sales volume of 4.5 million Euro after their participation in the TechAnkara Technology Commercialization Program.
- A participating entrepreneur who is also a part of the TechAnkara Accelerator Program has signed a solution partnership agreement in the USA.
- A total of 14 entrepreneurs started to work with Turkcell Arıkovanı.
- A total of 500 B2B meetings were held between investment funds, investors, clients and entrepreneurs in the last 3 years.
If you have any questions, please use the e-mail address email@example.com or contact the Investment Support Office at 0312 310 03 00.