Ankara Regional Innovation Strategy is being prepared under the coordination of the Ankara Development Agency in order to determine TR51 Ankara Region’s innovative potential and to transform it to economic and social added value through designing cooperation models and financial and technical supports. Ankara Regional Innovation Strategy started with the publicity meeting in January 17, 2018 and is being planned to finalize in June 30, 2019. In the extent of the study a lot of activities have been done like literature review, face to face meetings, roundtable meetings, interviewing with firms and making surveys.
The strategy document is being prepared in line with the RIS3 Guide (2012) which was published by the European Commission. The RIS3 Guide sets out the concept and provides orientations on how to develop research and innovation strategies for smart specialisation.
The RIS3 Guide has six practical steps:
- Analysing Ankara Region’s current situation and the innovation potential,
- setting out the RIS3 process and governance,
- developing a shared vision,
- identifying the priorities,
- defining an action plan with a coherent policy mix
- monitoring and evaluating